Thursday, August 21, 2008

Spa Night

What is this green water? It's the product of my spa night. It was so fun I thought I'd post about it. I've been hearing about all the nice things avocado does for your hair so I decided to try it out. It's supposed to condition it and make it super shiny. There are all kinds of recipes on the internet with Mayonnaise, honey, coconut oil, etc. but I decided to keep it simple. I mashed 1 avocado with 1 tbls olive oil in a dish. I got in the tub and rinsed my hair then added the creamy mixture to my hair and put it up in a clip. I had leftovers so I decided to give me a facial. I still had leftovers so I shaved my legs with it and it worked great. I relaxed & read a book for about 30 minutes then I rinsed it out and shampooed. My whole body was super soft (no need for lotion). Like magic I woke up this morning with really great soft, shiny hair with lots of body (which I never have). I didn't get a picture of my hair but it is nice and shiny! I will certainly do this again!

3 comments:

Gabe & Christy Beal said...

That is hillarious. I cant believe it worked - I thought the avocado would make hair all greasy and limp! How magical, im going to have to try it!

Jana said...

Sherry, that sounds so fun - I'll definitely have to try it sometime :)

jayna said...

I just laughed outloud...I was sure at some point you were going to say you ate the extra, but no, you kept finding other uses for it! Too funny!