Saturday, December 12, 2009


Fabulous at 50?
Happy Birthday to me!!!

What shall I do today to mark this momentous occasion? Hmm. Probably the same thing I do everyday! We are going to St George in January. That is our birthday present to each other since Dan's birthday is in January (yes I married a younger man). Hopefully we will get to visit Jon & Lisa - for real!!! I'm sure we will be ready for some warmer weather by then! I can't believe how blessed my life has been. What a wonderful family I have. I am so blessed to be a wife, mother, mother-in-law, sister, daughter & grandmother (we will welcome our 5th grandbaby in Apr/May). I love my family!

Here are baby pictures of myself. I was a little darkie. I weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. and yes, I do know I look Asian. I'm sure my parents thought they took the wrong baby home!

This picture was taken in March 1960 when I was barely 3 months old.
Quite advanced for my age don't you think?
My mom says she was right there so I wouldn't fall but still....

at 6 months


10 months


at 2 years


and I got this in the mail from my mom....
she said I could share it with Dan!

you can't see in the picture but the mouse is wearing a hat with antennas topped
with a 5 and an 0. Too funny; and I don't feel quite this old!


4 comments:

Christy Beal said...

You DO look fabulous at 50. Ltes never forget the many many occasions at which strangers gasped in shock and horror at the fact that you are indeed my mother and not my sister!

Happy Birthday!

I hope your present showed up!

jayna said...

Happy Birthday Sherry Bobbins! I hope I look so good when I'm over the hill...

xoxoxoxo

Jana said...

Happy (late) birthday Sherry! I have to say you are one of the most stunning moms/grandmas I've ever seen!

glory said...

Wow Sherry - you look absolutely amazing! You look like you are my age!!! I can't get over the picture of you on Dad's shoulders. That is really special! Hope it was a great birthday!