Sunday, November 21, 2010


a little tea by the fire~

Grace thought it was a fine day for some tea. She asked if I ever used my fancy tea pots and I said no I never had. I've collected them from all the places we traveled. Grace looked at all the teapots in my China cupboard and picked out this tea set I had picked up while visiting London. We couldn't find any cups or saucers so we used Christmas mugs - not quite the ambiance we were going for, but it worked. We set a table (my desk) by the fire and made some spiced orange tea and set out some crumpets (gluten free toast cut in pieces). I told her about how a friend and I actually went and had tea in a very fancy hotel in London. I told her all about the wonderful sandwiches and cookies they had served and how we each had our own teapot. We dreamed a little as we drank our tea. After finishing her tea, Grace left her British accent behind and started looking up horses for sale on the internet. Papa and Grace spent 2 hours finding just the right horse, horse trailer, pickup, horse tack, barn, etc.

No comments: