Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy "Healthy" New Year

This year I resolve to be healthy; to be the best me I can be. Some days I feel so old & creaky. I never make New Years resolutions or do much exercising for that matter. I come from a family of good genes, the thin ones. But I want to be healthy so I thought if I put it in writing I may really do it. I am going to exercise more and I vow to eat better! I'm not going to do anything drastic. I'm not crazy. I ran across this picture of myself last week (from 10 years ago) and it has inspired me. It took me back to a time when I foolishly thought I would always feel great and my cholesterol would not be creeping up the scale. I was not really boxing or punching (don't be silly) I was getting a tan on our deck. I just happened to be standing playfully next to Curt's punching bag when Dan snapped the picture. I want to feel this good again so today I pledge to be more active and eat more fruits & vegetables. I may never look like this again but I can maybe get rid of some of the aches & pains that I have and lower my cholesterol. So here it is in black & white. I will go make a smoothie and get on the tread mill and watch a movie while I walk. Cheers!

No comments: