Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Relief Society

Photobucket

Today we had a really fun Relief Society. We were told to bring our journals & scriptures and we could come in our PJs. Anita gave a wonderful lesson on keeping all kinds of journals. She has lots and lots of hand-written journals that she has kept over the years. I wish I had kept a journal when my kids were small to look back at all the milestones and fun times we had. At least now I keep up my blog and turn it into a book at the end of each year, but I how I would love to have little day to day journal entries to read over from the past 31 years. Shame on me. But there is no use crying over spilled milk. I will try to write more diligently going forward. After the inspiring lesson on keeping journals we looked up scriptures and filled in the missing words for this cute "Scripture Cookies" recipe. When we were all done we went into the kitchen and made Oatmeal raisin cookies that tasted so good - especially because I had been late getting out the door and didn't eat any breakfast. What an uplifting way to start my day! Also, Anita gave me a copy of some stretches to do so I'll give them a try.

Photobucket




No comments: