Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some old Valentine's that I have found while sorting through my boxes. The first one is from my dad to me when I was 3 years old. The 2nd one is from Dan that he gave to me Senior year. We had been dating for 4 months then. Precious! When I was a little girl, I dreamed about my Valentine. What would he look like, Who was he? Where was he? I always dreamed I would be like a Princess living in a Castle (with 7 kids -maybe like Pitt & Jolie). I love my Valentine! Even though he gets on my last nerve sometimes, all he has to do is smile that smile or slap me on the behind as I walk by and I am hopelessly in love. He makes me happy. He rubs my back (and feet ) and puts lotion on my back after we swim. He dances with me in the kitchen. I love my Valentine!
Yesterday after church we went to Sunday dinner at one of our friends houses. We sure do enjoy all the company of the good friends that we have here in Garden Valley. The people are so kind and generous here in our small branch and we love them. Maybe one of these days our skating rink [formerly known as our driveway] will thaw out so we can reciprocate and have dinner at our house! Everyday it melts and every night it freezes into a sheet of ice. We've had a couple of 50 degree days though so we are gaining. After we got home we celebrated and watched the movie Secretariat which was really good. Tonight we have Empty Nesters so we will be forced to eat way too much again. Last night at dinner one of the guys was telling us about the cave that Joseph Smith returned the gold plates to. Very interesting! He's going to send us a copy and I'll put it in my blog book. Well that's about it. We didn't make it down to Boise and I didn't get the grandkids anything for Valentine's day :( but I did send them a Valentine in the mail. We love and miss you all! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: