Friday, March 11, 2011

here comes the sun...

It seems winter keeps hanging on. I am so ready for warmer days!!! The Beatles tune Here Comes The Sun keeps running through my mind.

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right It's all right


so I want to know where is that sun? We have about burned through our humongous wood pile so we know that next year we will have to have a couple more cords. Our driveway is melting so that is good but now we have lots of mud. I would probably be insane except for going swimming every night, the meals we enjoy at the Senior center and American Idol and Lifetime movies! We did see a squirrel last week begging for food but now it has gone [hopefully not dinner for the Pine Martin]. Winter has taken its toll on our poor little 4 legged deer friends. One of the small ones - we call him Scruffy - because he is a motherless little neglected one - has ribs sticking out and walks with a limp. The poor thing wonders up on our porch begging for food. Its really sad. On a lighter note Kallie had her first Dr's appointment yesterday and everything is just great; they even heard the baby's heartbeat. We really are excited for them - and us! Tonight Gabe & Christy are coming up so we are looking forward to having them here for the weekend. I ordered some embroidery items on line and they have arrived so now I am officially a grandma who will be embroidering as she watches TV. This morning Dan asked me if we could live anywhere we wanted where would it be? well, little darling, a warm and sunny beach comes to mind.

No comments: