Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nephi Peter & Marie K. Anderson

This is a picture of my great great grandparents [daughter Celine married Lewis O. Johnson - the parents of E. Lewis Johnson, my mom's dad] Niels Peder Pedersen and Mette Katrine Jensen from Denmark who changed their names to Nephi Peter and Marie Katherine Anderson when they came to America. Theirs is quite a story. They first lived in a dugout along the Bear River, they had to learn to speak English and live off the land. Nephi became a Surveyor and surveyed much of Utah. They eventually settled in Brigham City and built a beautiful home that is still there today. It is now Myers Mortuary. When I went to Uncle Stan's funeral which was there in this building I took some pictures! Many of the homes original features are still there. It's just beautiful! The curved staircase is really a masterpiece.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello cousin :) I am doing some family history and your blog post was the first to pop up. Nephi and Marie are my great, great grandparents as well (through their son Lorenzo). Thanks for posting these great pictures! This means a lot to me.
Kind regards,
Elisa (Anderson)