Wednesday, November 2, 2011

a new baby!

Christy had her baby Friday afternoon and surprise - it's a BOY! We were all just sure it was a girl! The baby was breech so Christy went in Friday morning to the hospital so they could try and "flip" the baby. She had a C-Section scheduled that morning if they couldn't get the baby to turn but thankfully for all the prayers that were asked by everyone we know - surgery was avoided. A true blessing! She went right into labor and delivered that day. Kallie and I got to witness the birth and it was amazing! He weighed 7 lbs 4 ozs and is 20 inches long and just perfect! Born on Uncle Curt's Birthday too! Now we have Lila and Spencer and Curt and this baby sharing birthdays. Makes it easier to remember for me. I've been there for all 3 of Christy's babies births - just thrilling! I just returned home after helping at Christy's for 3 days (mostly spoiling the baby if the truth be known). They came home from the hospital without naming him so for 5 days I have been calling him Stanley! He's just so serious I can't help it.  But last night they came up with a name - Benett. We really like it. Here are his first pictures!








1 comment:

Christy said...

I swear these pictures dont even look like him to me! Its hard to capture his true cuteness! Thank you so much for coming and saving my life. We would have seriously died without your help! I am sad to lose my food partner, but I guess I can eat pizza all alone for a few days. Ps we spelled benett with only one n. I know, totally confusing. Stanley is much easier to spell and remember!