Sunday, June 10, 2012

Countertop Makeover

So I have been thinking of painting my counter tops for 2 years and I finally decided to just do it - after all, it's just paint right?! Why am I afraid of paint? If I don't like it I can just paint it again. Call me crazy, but I wanted them red! I have this vision in my mind of red countertops, white cabinets and butter yellow walls. So after many hours of scouring the web for the right type of paint & color, I decided to go with Giani countertop paint. I saw it last year but they didn't have a red and last month I discovered they just came out with a new Roma Red paint so I promptly ordered it and viola my countertops are beautiful. I actually just love them! I still have to clean up and caulk but so far I am pretty excited at how easy and fun this was. Now I can't wait to get the rest of my kitchen done.

Before: 
the ugly brown/gray/purple laminate countertop



After:
Beautiful Red Faux Granite!


 

2 comments:

Jana said...

Oooh, I like it! I had no idea you could even paint countertops, this is excellent information :).

Julia said...

I want to paint mine too! I keep thinking that will be a good winter project for me. LOVE the red