Tuesday, November 27, 2012

UN-Happy Thanksgiving


Our Thanksgiving started out pretty good. We were bummed to hear that Kallie had the stomach flu and she and Curt would not be coming. The food was amazing as usual Beal meals are! Christy made delicious rolls that turned out HUGE! Christy & Gabe always go all out. It is a big sacrifice for Christy because she hates Thanksgiving food. Can you imagine it? I made a large pumpkin pie to add to the feast. Gabe also put me in charge of the sweet potatoes. Unfortunately I did not pay attention to the broil when toasting the marshmallows on top and burned them. The black molten mess actually caught on fire. Gabe ran the pan out side and set it down on the sidewalk. I should have gotten a picture of that. We scraped off the top layer, added more marshmallows and the 2nd time I did not burn them. This really should have been a hint of what was to come. I guess we all had sympathy pains for Kallie because we ALL started throwing up. Puke buckets everywhere. Poor Spencer thought the bucket was making him throw up and screamed whenever it came near him. We can laugh about it now. I never throw up so imagine my shock when on Friday at midnight I started throwing up. On Sat Curt started throwing up. Dan and Gabe have not gotten it. Yet. This may ruin Thanksgiving for me forever.


I did get some shots of the kids before they started throwing up. I should mention that it was not the food. Benett had been throwing up the night before so we will blame it on this little cutie. 

 




Brigitte never lets me take her picture but I caught her in a good mood and she let me take a few!
Love you Brigitte!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Curt and Kallie were sick the year I was there too! I can agree with Christy, I HATE Thanksgiving food too, but do it because I feel like I have to . Glad you didn't throw up toO!