Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's Sunday!

It's been a long weekend. My mom had surgery on Friday morning at 5:00 am until 9:30 am. It was a very nerve wracking day. I was so worried I didn't sleep at all Thursday night. I had thought I might get to the temple but didn't get there, so I called in her name at least. They did a cardiac ablation. I can't even think about it. She had two catheters in her groin and one in her neck for 4 hours while they did mapping and fixing nerves in her heart that make it jump and flop around. The Dr. said it went really well. He was able to get the rhythm in the left side of her heart stabilized but couldn't do anything for the right side that has her ribs actually pressing into her heart. This would be corrected with surgery or magnet therapy today but 72 years ago they didn't know what to do in these situations. He can't believe she had 8 kids! Very dangerous. I was just talking to mom on the phone this evening and she cried and said it was a good thing she didn't know that she had all these things wrong with her heart. I hope and pray this has helped her heart and it will keep better rhythm. She said she had a rough night and her heart was doing flip flops so I hope it straightens out. We'll just have to wait and see.... Lexi has been staying with Dar and Mom while in training there. Mom only has the one bedroom upstairs so when Lexi leaves I will go spend a few days and do some coloring with mom! Today the new Primary Presidency had to speak and I guess my talk went okay. I felt like I've had so many distractions I couldn't really focus on a talk. I also taught my Valiant class today. We have a new teacher starting in 2 weeks but for the mean time we will get by. Tomorrow night we have our Empty Nesters Christmas Party at the Partridges, then on Thursday I go VT, and on Friday we have our Christmas program and dinner at the church. We practiced today for the primary Nativity - got the costumes all fitted and ran through the songs. I can't believe Christmas is only 8 days away!

No comments: